Two days ago, I took a day off from revision. I had other stuff to do in the morning, and decided that the afternoon should be all mine.
Then I decided that the best use of my time would be learning to crochet lace. Like you do. I got books out of the library and everything.
I can think of a few possible explanations for this.
- I love John Lewis’s haberdashery section beyond all reason and they had a sale on soft, thin yarns.
- I’m rebelling against my maths side by finding ever more time-consuming crafts projects.
- I’m indulging my maths side by finding crafts that use letters and numbers instead of words in their instructions.
- It’s just one more skill that might come in handy in the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse.
- I’ve been brainwashed by the patriarchy.
*link is a youtube video of one of my lecturers. The transcript would boil down to: “klein bottle: a shape that doesn’t really exist in 3 dimensions. However, I have made one with pipecleaners. And if it were solid, and you tried to paint one side of it, you’d end up painting all of it. Also, if you get bored, you could wear it as a hat.”